Monday, December 3, 2007

How do science and holidays relate?

A lot of people celebrate hoidays, right? Well, how do science and your favorite holiday activities relate? What do you like to do around that special time of the year? Maybe you like to go get a tree with your family. You could find a percentage of approxiamatly how many trees are bought the week before Christmas. Also, say you like to shop on Christmas Eve. Have you ever wondered how many other people are out, getting last minute gifts? You could also try to find this out. There are many ways to get this information. You could google this information. Also, you could ask other people( I suggest a rounded number, such as fifty.) When you find these calculations, you can share them with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to play in the snow. this relates to science very well.I mean do you know how snow is formed...there you go..it goes along with science ... right??
I really don't know how many tree's are sold on the week of christmas.... sorry

- casey- i know im not in your class

Jesterdsp said...

Well Casey that is nice that you say it does relate to science but you haven't told me how. Leaving out the needed details is what a lot of ninth graders do. For example, if you wanted directions to a place and I just said "Take the Highway", that would leave out very important details. What you could have done was research the types of snow at different temperatures. I for one like light fluffy snow. What temperature do you get that from? I hate sloppy snow when it is all heavy and wet. What temperature does that form at?
~Mathy

ChelseaD said...

First of all, thanks to both of you for responding to my post. I will look up at what temperature snow freezes, and comment on it.

ChelseaD said...

I found a really great sight, where you can find out how lons it takes for snow crystals to form, how to make your own paper snow flakes, and other fun stuff. Just go to snowcrystals.com.